The best reviews from our past Teen Summer Reading years have been posted below. Browse to find your next read! Click on the image to be taken to the catalog to place a hold.

That Summer by Sarah Dessen

Everything in Haven's life is changing. Her parents' divorce, her father's new wife, her sister's wedding and her own continued growth (six feet and counting) leave Haven struggling to find out who she is and what her place is in this new life. Then there's her sister Ashley's old boyfriend, Sumner Lee, and Haven can't stop thinking about the summer when everything seemed perfect.

This novel has good characters and the writing is great too, but I was disappointed by it. This was Sarah Dessen's first novel and my least favourite. There was nothing in it that caught my attention and made me want to keep reading. I could have stopped reading this book at any point and I wouldn't have been left wondering about anything, because nothing significant had happened. I would recommend reading Sarah Dessen's other books before this one.
Sarah, 15, Terryberry

No comments: