The best reviews from our past Teen Summer Reading years have been posted below. Browse to find your next read! Click on the image to be taken to the catalog to place a hold.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

This book, written by Susanne Collins, was a great way to tie up the Hunger Games Trilogy. I was a big fan of the Hunger Games, and was excited to read the final one. It had all the suspense and action I was hoping for, and the main character Katniss, finally steps up and takes her place as the Mockingjay, the leader of the Rebellion against the Capitol. I had some problems with this book though. It was darker than the first two Hunger Games books, and extremely confusing at times. I found myself occasionally having to re-read a whole chapter, to figure out what was happening. The ending was sad and left the readers with little, to no hope at all. All in all, a good book, but not a great one.

~ Sydney G, Locke

No comments: